[CentOS] which firewall to automatically block bandwidth abusers?

Thu Aug 18 19:43:34 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you paying for bandwidth by total bits transferred or by peak or
> 95th percentile rate?

We pay per MB and the servers are connected to a 100MB/s port.

> You should be able to automate what you are doing with ntop.  Or use a
> netflow collector to centralize the traffic counting and translate your
> rules into iptables settings.

Really? That would be great.

But, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know where to start. And, I need
to protect a whole bunch of servers, so ideally this should be done
either on a central gateway which connects on the other side of the
switch, or a firewall appliance.

Any suggestions?

--
Kind Regards