[CentOS] which firewall to automatically block bandwidth abusers?

Thu Aug 18 20:00:04 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 08/18/11 12:43 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> But, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know where to start.

hire one.  your needs and requirements are vague and unique, no off the
shelf solution will do exactly what it is you want.  you also need to
start thinking of your requirements in more precise terms, what the
thresholds of traffic that will trigger and reset these blocks or
throttles.   you probably want to tie this into QoS so that when your
algorithm determines that a specific host is over its threshold, you
throttle it rather than block it entirely.   messy messy messy.