[CentOS] UPS issues with PFC PSU

Wed Aug 24 23:26:39 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:18 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:04:59AM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> How exactly is it OT if he needs the UPS to talk to CentOS??????
>
> Please don't top-post.
>
> Because the original post made no mention of "CentOS" at all.  At least
> that's my guess and that's also the first impression I had about the
> post.

well, where else would he connect the UPS to? His fish tank?
Surely if someone has a PC, and is subscribed to a Linux mailing linux
and asks for advice on a hardware device then it would be related to
compatibility as well.

Someone running Windows probably wouldn't even know if there are other
brands available than what he can get from his local PC shop. And just
about every single piece of hardware, which can be purchased from any
shop will always work on Windows. So why would he bother asking if it
would work?

>> please stop being so stuckup
>
> Please understand that this list has been filled with off-topic garbage
> over the past year or so and many of us are getting more than a little
> frustrated with it.  Many people that have been here for years have
> unsub'd and many more continue to mention that as a possibility.  Add to
> that the fact that some of the centos team themselves are no longer on
> this list and that should tell you something.  While this thread turned
> out to have a centos connection the same can not be said for many of the
> others over the past year.

EVEN if that's the case (staff leaving and people getting irretated),
it's still no reason to be rude with someone without knowing all the
facts to his question first.

Many people would rather trust the advice given on a list like this
than the advice given by a sales rep. Just cause you're a genius and
don't need any help with anything ever, doesn't mean the next guy is
as clever as you.