[CentOS] Apache warns Web server admins of DoS attack tool

Tue Aug 30 22:33:30 UTC 2011
Thomas Harold <thomas-lists at nybeta.com>

On 8/28/2011 12:37 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Keith Roberts<keith at karsites.net>  wrote:
>>> The CentOS Forums are a very very good resource for many people and the
>>> people spending time managing and posting there are doing a very good
>>> job. I'm guessing you were unable to get value from the forums since
>>> your expectations and forums deliverables dont match. That's fine, but
>>> it does not imply that the entire forums are 'useless'.
>>
>> I'd say the forums have ALOT of usefull info, but the main
>> Centos activity is centered on IMHO this list - cannot speak
>> for the other centos lists, as I'm ONLY on this one for now.
>>

> The problem with forums is that if you have more than a couple of
> interests you kill the whole day bouncing around in a web browser
> logging into them and figuring out their user interface differences.
> Could the rss feed be made a little more obvious?  It might work to
> plug it into google reader or other feed consolidator.

Someday, perhaps we'll end up back on an authenticated version of NNTP,
with support for bbcode, images, and the front end reader of your choice...

Maybe a merger of some sort between forums / email discussion threads
and NNTP.  There are things that the web forum does well, things that
NNTP does well and things that mailing lists do well.