[CentOS] Apache warns Web server admins of DoS attack tool

Wed Aug 31 09:32:56 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 11:33 PM, Thomas Harold wrote:
> Someday, perhaps we'll end up back on an authenticated version of NNTP,
> with support for bbcode, images, and the front end reader of your choice...

Thats quite a good idea - and something that we explored at length when
looking for a replacement software for the existing forums. And while
that would be nice to have, reduce content duplication and assert some
level of authority across venues etc, its still not really the
master-solution. The bridge would be good to have, but there are lots of
people who chose a venue to work with based on their own expectations,
comfort level and media they prefer working with. In some cases, like
the people here on the list - mailing lists are the way to go. Others
prefer to use the forums. While plenty hang out on IRC. Lets not take
the choice away from people.

- KB