[CentOS] How to make nodes in my local LAN see each other's names

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:39:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Timothy Madden <terminatorul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, as I was saying, I have a sub-net of 8 computers and 1 router
> (and also one switch if you want).
>
> The router is stubborn enough to make sure that no incoming connections
> or outside traffic get to the sub-net (except on the forwarded ports),
> even if I would actually like to be able to route traffic from the
> company LAN (where my work computer resides) to the machines in the sub-net.

It is fairly trivial to route among different private LANs with
OpenVPN as long as the IP ranges are unique and one of the tunnel
endpoints can be reached at a known public address - NAT,
port-forwarding, etc., are OK.  Of course your company policies may
dictate whether that is permitted or not.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com