[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

Mon Dec 5 21:58:48 UTC 2011
Phil Dobbin <phildobbin at gmail.com>

On 5/12/11 20:52, "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> But back to the 'spirit of open source' - I thought that meant that if
> you didn't like it you could fix it yourself.   And I thought someone
> had already done a non-PAE kernel or was working on it to make
> PXE-booted thin clients work.   So if you want it bad enough it should
> be a matter of figuring out how to get it installed.

& I did mention way back at the start of this thread, could anybody supply a
link to a Live CD of CentOS 5.6 so I could verify it would run on my machine
because v.6 wouldn't which somebody kindly did & also because of a tight
schedule at present, I couldn't explore any further options to make v.6 work
OMM...

Just I was a bit surprised at the attitude of "if you haven't got/can't
afford xyz just stick with what you've got". Not sure Linus Torvalds had
that kind of thinking in mind when he approached this project. Maybe I'm
wrong...

Cheers,

    Phil.

--
Nothing to see here... move along, move along