[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

Mon Dec 5 22:09:05 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> Just I was a bit surprised at the attitude of "if you haven't got/can't
> afford xyz just stick with what you've got". Not sure Linus Torvalds had
> that kind of thinking in mind when he approached this project. Maybe I'm
> wrong...
----
well, if you had a system with a IA, PPC or a 586 processor, you would have understood how that logic works out. In reality though, it's not that Linux itself excludes it, it's that the upstream vendor has decided THEY weren't going to support it. In the past, CentOS has had some custom kernels that supported features/processors that the upstream vendor didn't but I think that's a lot of work for them to maintain on their own and their enthusiasm diminished over time.

Craig