[CentOS] Incorrect evince password request

Wed Dec 7 18:22:36 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/07/2011 11:49 AM, 夜神 岩男 wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 12:14 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> Or, least best answer, acroread runs jes' fine on Linux.
>>
>> except that they don't have an x86_64 version (unless it is fairly new)
>> and I refuse to install i386 libraries to run acroread.
>
> Slight digression, but I always forget to ask this:
>
> Why are people so against installing 32-bit libraries? I've never
> understood this -- some people even opt for virtualization of a 32-bit
> release of their entire OS within which to run a few key 32-bit apps
> instead of just installing the 32-bit compatibility libraries.
>
> What gives? Is there a technical argument against this?

I am against it because it adds clutter that I don't want ... also, if I
ever need to build anything on a machine with multi-lib it is very hard
to control what the auto config/compile tools do.

Then there are sometimes issues with the way RH does multi-lib ... the
sharing of config and doc files.  This sometimes causes issues.

But, the overriding reason is, if I wanted to run i686 stuff, I would
have installed the i686 distro :)