[CentOS] Incorrect evince password request

Thu Dec 8 16:34:03 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> I am against it because it adds clutter that I don't want ... also, if I
> ever need to build anything on a machine with multi-lib it is very hard
> to control what the auto config/compile tools do.
>
> Then there are sometimes issues with the way RH does multi-lib ... the
> sharing of config and doc files.  This sometimes causes issues.
>
> But, the overriding reason is, if I wanted to run i686 stuff, I would
> have installed the i686 distro :)

Thing is, when you hit the end of the road and have a 32bit compiled piece of
software that you can't rebuild, you have to accept that you *do* want to run
32bit software, but would rather run 64bit when possible.  In that reality,
having only necessary 32bit libs installed doesn't really cause the world to
implode.

jh