[CentOS] Help to install horde

Thu Dec 8 20:01:03 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>>
>> I've always been able to ssh -X to a server, and then run firefox
>> -no-remote, so that it runs ON THAT SERVER, NOT on my workstation. All of
>> a sudden, I can't. Is that clearer? AFAIK, my manager hasn't put any new
>> security in place (he'd have told me - mostly, he's adding logging). But
>> the latest ff *seems* as though it's trying to read my home caches, not
>> obeying what ff's own info says it will do.
>
> Let me add one more thing: I have no trouble running other X, like xterm.

Firefox is an odd case in when you start it, it looks for an existing,
running instance and if found, starts a new window in that process.
I'm not sure how that relates to your issue, but it's not like most X
programs, and it is annoying when you do want it to start a new
instance for your remote display but you have one open elsewhere.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com