[CentOS] Help to install horde

Thu Dec 8 20:27:42 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>>>
>>> I've always been able to ssh -X to a server, and then run firefox
>>> -no-remote, so that it runs ON THAT SERVER, NOT on my workstation. All
>>> of a sudden, I can't. Is that clearer? AFAIK, my manager hasn't put any
>>> new security in place (he'd have told me - mostly, he's adding logging).
>>> But the latest ff *seems* as though it's trying to read my home caches,
>>> not obeying what ff's own info says it will do.
>>
>> Let me add one more thing: I have no trouble running other X, like
>> xterm.
>
> Firefox is an odd case in when you start it, it looks for an existing,
> running instance and if found, starts a new window in that process.
> I'm not sure how that relates to your issue, but it's not like most X
<snip>
It should not relate. Yes, my home directory is NFS mounted; however, the
ff -? shows
<...>
Firefox options
<...>
 -no-remote  Open new instance, not a new window in running instance.
<...>
It should open a new window, with the process running on the server, but
opening the X window on my desktop. I've done this for years, and it does
what it says.

Anyone else tried it, with the latest update of ff via yum?

     mark