[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Jerry Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Tue Feb 15 16:39:35 UTC 2011

On 02/15/2011 07:59 AM, R - elists wrote:
> Eero,
>
> that is great, as long as you consider and actually donate to CentOS
> regularly
>
> statistically, most people that download or use CentOS, do not donate.

That, statistically speaking,  could be influenced by the fact the
monetary donation page has been 'down' for around one and a half years
(ever since the centos 'ownership fight'). I can personally vouch for
the fact my company was looking to donate money - only to be stonewalled
by the lack of a way to do actually do so.

Money has these great virtues: It can be accumulated in small increments
from people who can't afford large increments. It can be exchanged for
physical objects like servers. And it can be used to pay (even if only
on a part time basis) people to do specific jobs.

I highly recommend it. ;)

--
Benjamin Franz