[CentOS] CentOS 4.8

Thu Feb 3 21:43:14 UTC 2011
Y. K. Liu <ykliu7 at gmail.com>

Hi,

I installed CentOS 4.8 (not CentOS 5) on VMware Fusion using an ISO file I
downloaded. During the installation, it asked me to enter a user name and
its password. I tried to enter root for the user name, but it would not let
me do that. So I had to enter a non-root user name.

So I did not have the root user name and password when the installation
completed. I only had a non-privileged user name, and could not do any sudo
work. How can I solve this problem?

I noticed that CentOS 5 (not the 4.8 I needed to install) asking to enter
the password for root during the installation. But I need to install CentOS
4.8, not 5.

Thank you.
Jerry