[CentOS] how do export a block device via eSATA?

Sun Feb 13 18:53:55 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Does any one know how to, if at all possible currently, to export a
block device via eSATA? i.e. how do I do something like iSCSI, but
over eSATA?

I have a cheat ($15 probably?)  media player at home (Egreat EG-M31B
Network Media Tank - awesome little machine) that runs some flavor of
Debian and can be connected to any PC via eSATA as an external HDD's.
i.e. it exports the built-in HDD as a block device to the host (My
laptop or PC).

Now, the question is, how can I do this on Linux?
Would I need a different eSATA card than the on-board eSATA port on
most motherboards? Or would the on-board one work?

The question is, how do I tell Linux to export a file system, or block
device via the eSATA port?

If any one has attempted this before, then please share some knowledge
or pointers on the subject. I couldn't find anything using google, but
I may not necessarily have searched for the correct terms?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com