[CentOS] OT - simple CAD program to design electronic circuits with

Mon Feb 7 01:08:47 UTC 2011
KevinO <kevin at kevino.org>

On 02/06/2011 05:57 PM, Michael Klinosky wrote:
> Keith Roberts wrote:
>> Is there an electronic circuit design CAD package available
>> for Centos 5.5 please?
>
> http://opencircuitdesign.com/xcircuit/
>
> I haven't used it yet, so I don't really know what it's like.

I've been using xcircuit for years, and found it to be fast, fairly easy to
learn, and quite useful. Not so great if what you're trying to do is capture to
perform SPICE simulations, but a really great 2D drawing tool.

There are additional parts libraries for it available online, and it's not hard
to create your own, either. Output/working files are Postscript, so they're
easily opened and converted in GIMP if needed.

--
KevinO