[CentOS] OT - simple CAD program to design electronic circuits with

Mon Feb 7 11:37:58 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011, KevinO wrote:

> From: KevinO <kevin at kevino.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] OT - simple CAD program to design electronic circuits
>     with
>
> On 02/06/2011 05:57 PM, Michael Klinosky wrote:
>> Keith Roberts wrote:
>>> Is there an electronic circuit design CAD package available
>>> for Centos 5.5 please?
>>
>> http://opencircuitdesign.com/xcircuit/
>>
>> I haven't used it yet, so I don't really know what it's like.
>>
> I've been using xcircuit for years, and found it to be fast, fairly easy to
> learn, and quite useful. Not so great if what you're trying to do is capture to
> perform SPICE simulations, but a really great 2D drawing tool.
>
> There are additional parts libraries for it available online, and it's not hard
> to create your own, either. Output/working files are Postscript, so they're
> easily opened and converted in GIMP if needed.

Thaks to everyone that has replied to my thread.

I just need a CAD program to design simple audio circuits,
like a passive mixer.

Here's an interesting circuit:

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/linemixer.html

It would be nice if the CAD program can give me some idea of
the gain achieved, as I change various components. I would
like to print out the circuit diagram as well. Another plus
would be the option to convert a working standard circuit
diagram layout, into the equivalent layout for using strip
board.

I'll check out the suggest CAD packaages and get back to the
list with my findings.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: