[CentOS] security cameras

Wed Feb 23 15:56:14 UTC 2011
B.J. McClure <keepertoad at bellsouth.net>

Wed Feb 23 10:49:46 EST 2011, RHEL 6, Linux 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 athlon

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 10:30 -0500, ken wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 09:02 PM B.J. McClure wrote:
> > Not sure it will answer your question but there was an article in
> > December 2010 issue of Linux Magazine re surveillance cameras and linux.
> >
> > HTH.
> >
> > B.J.

> BJ, I looked around Linux Mag's site for quite a while, did a couple
> searches, and browsed the contents Dec 2010 and quite a few issues
> before and after that, but couldn't find any article about selecting
> and/or setting up surveillance cameras... except one on implementing
> motion detection in cameras.  Is that the one you were thinking of?
<snip>

Sorry about that.  I cannot find the article on their website.  Page 30
in the paper version by Marcel Gagne.  Did have some stuff on motion
detection but article was broader than that and the links at the end of
the article might be useful, especially this one:

	http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WorkingDevices

Good luck.

B.J.