[CentOS] VMware (was Re: current bind version)

Fri Feb 25 02:56:36 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 03:44:32PM +1300, Machin, Greg wrote:

<snip of good information>

> Rather use ESXi 4.1 and get
> up and running quickly. If your hardware is not on the supported list
> there are other lists of tested hardware where people have it running on
> "Unsupported" hardware.
>
> Player is not a solution if the Virtual machine needs to be running
> 24/7. It's more suited to testing and demo use.

Agreed--I haven't really found server, however, to be all that great for
24/7, so I assumed (and we know what happens when one assumes), that it
was being used for testing.  For any sort of production use, ESXi 4.1 is
quite good.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: What's Big Blue doing anyway?
The Judge: I am preparing.
Spike: It's interesting to me that preparing looks a great bit
like sitting on your ass.