[CentOS] how to convert 7 cd iso images into one dvd image?

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 01:36:43 UTC 2011

On 01/14/2011 09:29 PM, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> I suppose I could install from the cd iso images, but it is a pain to
> virtually eject and remount cd iso images during the install :-(

There is a trick where you can perform an installation with just the
first CD (and you won't be asked for further CDs) if you do this:

1) do a text-based installation (on the prompt right after booting type:
 linux text <ENTER>)
2) when it comes to package selection, uncheck all groups but then click
on customize packages (to get into package details)..and uncheck all of
them.

The previous steps are from my head (specially #2) but just pay
attention to the software and what I said and you'll be fine.

You'll get an installation of about 600 to 700 MB and then you can use
"yum" to install whatever you need to install.

HTH,
Jorge