[CentOS] Multiple LUN support

Wed Jan 5 16:53:16 UTC 2011
Abilio Carvalho <abilio.carvalho at bbp.ch>

I have Centos 5.2 and am trying to set up my first tape loader, a
Quantum SuperLoader 3. My "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" outputs the following:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: transtec Model: PV610F16R1C      Rev: 373I
   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
   Vendor: HP       Model: Ultrium 3-SCSI   Rev: D22D
   Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
   Vendor: HP       Model: Ultrium 4-SCSI   Rev: B54Z
   Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 05

It is my understanding that there should be TWO devices for the loader,
one for the tape drive and one for itself. From reading around, it seems
that it's lacking Multiple LUM support. My question is, are more recent
versions of CentOS enabling that by default? Either compiling kernel
modules or doing a full upgrade of the system are "big" jobs in my case,
but I'd prefer the upgrade if 5.5 works out of the box. Or do I really
need to recompile kernel, enable max_lums in modprobe.conf, etc?

Thank you

Abe

the system manager.

Clearswift for the presence of computer viruses.

www.clearswift.com