[CentOS] not able to check in all code into svn which creates problem in deployment

Wed Jan 19 14:12:10 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Agnello George
<agnello.dsouza at gmail.com> wrote:

> i  have currently started to deploy code into our production environment
> from the the dev environment, we deploy code on to the production  from the
> svn , ( i do a svn export ) , some times not  code is checked into the svn
> and it does not throw me a error .
>
> is there a way i can verify or write a script to check each file that is in
> the SVN  is same as that in the dev environment .

You should design a process where the only way to get things to work
is to go through svn.  That is, check in from the dev location(s),
check out in a staging/test environment where you build and test but
never edit anything, then push to production. And in general, I'd
prefer an 'rsync -C' from the staging checkout to an export from the
svn server - that lets you do an 'rsync -Cn' to verify that the
contents are identical between staging and production and an 'svn
status' or 'svn diff' to check staging against the repository.  And if
something isn't checked in, it basically doesn't exist.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com