[CentOS] not able to check in all code into svn which creates problem in deployment

Wed Jan 19 14:57:14 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Agnello George
> <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> i  have currently started to deploy code into our production environment
>> from the the dev environment, we deploy code on to the production  from
>> the svn , ( i do a svn export ) , some times not  code is checked into the
>> svn and it does not throw me a error .
>>
>> is there a way i can verify or write a script to check each file that is
>> in the SVN  is same as that in the dev environment .

When I designed a development environment at one telecom I worked for, I
followed std. practice: there is a nightly build of *everything*, all
scripted to extract from the version control system and build. Then, in
the makefiles, I used VPATH to let the developers look a) at their local
directories; b) at test for files not in the local directory, and c) at
the directory heirarchy where the nightly production build was.

ObRant: I would *never* let anyone check a file out for editing without
locking it....

         mark