[CentOS] Troubles for an non-IT beginner

Wed Jan 19 16:12:46 UTC 2011
Lisandro Grullon <lgrullon at CityTech.Cuny.Edu>

Dear Parshwa,
I tend to agree with you in some of your points. I migrated my systems
from ubuntu to centos and I could not be more happy. off course I have
been force to learn the new places where things are "the redhat way" but
not problem since the usual tools continue to exist in both platforms.
I have decided to run Centos in all my machines thus far, I do have some
applications that only run in Windows, in those cases I keep a
Virtualbox instance to use those particular applications when needed
otherwise I try keeping everything in Centos as native. Do not get me
wrong, centos is an "IT" operating system but it could equally be a tool
of choice for "non-IT" individuals as long as they are willing to
search, read, and ask questions when all else fails. Best of luck and
Centos rocks!

>>> Parshwa Murdia  01/19/11 10:32 AM >>>
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Christopher R Webber
 wrote:

> I find that in places where I don¹t have latest and greatest hardware,
> CEntOS makes a much better Desktop OS than Ubuntu. If all I am doing
is
> running a web browser for the most part, I use CEntOS.

Means in your opinion, for a stable OS, cent OS is better. I no doubt
agree with the fact its really a personal choice and like me (from not
IT or computers), I at first would see the ease of use (yes, probably
because I have come from Windows, totally GUI). I like (as what I have
found reading and comments I got) Cent OS is secured, stable and an
excellent OS, but if you talk of easiness, I guess Ubuntu is above in
ranking, where I only talk of ease of use and again its totally the
wish of the individual one who is going with what distro. But as for a
person, who is really not from IT or uses computers more frequently
but want to use one Linux distro, I can say that anyone be it, Cent OS
or Ubuntu or even Fedora, at least it is Linux!!

--
Regards,
Parshwa Murdia

Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated
simple, awesomely simple, that's innovation.. -C Mingus