[CentOS] unable to check in code to svn when files contain spaces or characters

Mon Jan 24 14:56:58 UTC 2011

Agnello George wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
<snip>
>> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Agnello George
>> <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you first explain why you want, or need,  to do this?
>
>  the reason i need to do this i want to automate the whole process  of
> checking into to svn  from dev server and checking out to QA server  for
> testing purpose , my script would change the config file in QA server  .
>
> the developers have lots of issues while checking in .

First, why not one svn server? All vcs's have tags or labels or whatever
they call them, and you extract by label <test> instead of <dev>, or
<head>, or whatever.

Second, the issues that the developers have while checking in needs to be
addressed, including management calling them into a meeting and telling
them YOU WILL CHECK THE DAMN THINGS IN!!!!

        mark, who has been in charge of software configuration management
               at more than one job