[CentOS] kernel update

Tue Jan 25 09:17:20 UTC 2011
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

mahmoud mansy wrote:
> and the main problem is that i wanna take the RHCE and the best
> suggested OS is centos not fedora and i wanna run it on my laptop
> which i tried to do so with the centos 5.5 but there was so many
> miisings like the wireless card driverr and the display card drivers

as mentioned by others, you can get a recent mainline kernel from
elrepo.org.
you might also get your hardware to work by installing stuff from
elrepo, they offer kmods with recent hardware drivers compiled for the
regular centos 5 kernel. Including nvidia and ATI drivers (GPU) and many
wireless drivers.