[CentOS] More on CentOS autotools bug

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 20:24:51 UTC 2011

On 7/9/11, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> I don't believe it is possible to copy and paste the text from many
> error message popups (I am pretty certain you can't from a standard

Of course, for those cases, I understand perfectly why somebody would
opt to take a screenshot. In the cases that left me stunned, the
errors are usually displayed within a selectable text area such as a
webpage or ironically now that you've reminded me, an email itself
when complaining about email "errors".

For some reason, they didn't think they could copy/paste the text in
the email headers just because it took an extra step to get the email
client to display it.

> window and send that.  I guess far too many people have been trained
> away from textual interactions with a computer -- they only understand
> *graphical* interaction with a computer.

I guess you are right about that. But what's really sad is that it is
not just the common users as well. I get fresh applicants coming in
who claiming to know HTML/.NET on their resume but are hapless if they
didn't have an IDE with graphical toolbars full of drag & drop icons
for things like a button/link/image.