[CentOS] Repositories for CentOS 6

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Jul 12 13:24:54 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 09:09:36 AM John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 03:01:09PM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> > virtualmin
>
> Perhaps we can avoid advocating repos that stomp all over base and
> replace core components?

Perhaps they could be listed, with a note that says they do that?

For example, a repo with an up to date KDE would have to do that, and I'm looking for that particular thing.  I'd prefer to have EL6 on one box, but KDE 4.6 at least, and if that means a few other things have to get 'stomped on' then so be it. And, yeah, I'm probably capable of rolling that myself, if need be, for my own private use.

Even if that means a separate wiki page for 'repositories that stomp all over core deps.'  With a caveat that using these repos would mean potential lack of help in the main centos list/forum/IRC and that users of said repo would probably need to go to that repo's list/forum/IRC for any meaningful support.