[CentOS] Problem with AT&T VPN

yonatan pingle yonatan.pingle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:30:30 UTC 2011

I am not sure it's related to centos that much, when it comes to port
forwarding, if you might use iptables correctly with several NIC(s),

if you can create a vlan with your linksys, like they talk about here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4692

I would configure a DMZ pool for the laptop usage only, and forward
the needed ports correctly towards the end user Network port.

this might help you also for your centos iptables configuration :
http://www.howtoforge.com/nat_iptables

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>> I'm running a CentOS-5.6 server,
>> which in general runs perfectly.
>> My setting is possibly a little unusual:
>> ADSL -> Billion 5200S RC modem/router -> CentOS-5.6 HP MicroServer
>>                       -> Linksys WRT54GL router .
>>
>> My daughter is just visiting me,
>> and she has to contact her job using AT&T VPN
>> on her laptop under Windows XP.
>>
>> Unfortunately this does not work on my system
>> when connected to the Linksys router by WiFi or ethernet.
>> More precisely, the IBM Lotus "sametime" application does not work,
>> and she cannot access the IBM Intranet homepage
>> which she needs to use company tools and applications.
> <snip>
> You may have a port closed that, um, damn, it's only been 3 years since I
> was using that client, and I can't remember the name, anyway, that it
> uses.
>
>          mark

Best Regards,
Yonatan Pingle