[CentOS] Problem with AT&T VPN

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jul 13 23:29:28 UTC 2011

yonatan pingle wrote:

Thanks for your response.

> I am not sure it's related to centos that much, when it comes to port
> forwarding, if you might use iptables correctly with several NIC(s),

I should have said that I am using shorewall,
which seems to work perfectly for my purposes.

> if you can create a vlan with your linksys, like they talk about here:
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4692

I'm not really clear if there is any difference between vlan and vpn.
In any case I am running OpenVPN on the server
linking computers in 2 countries,
and this seems to work perfectly.

One obvious possibility is that the IBM Lotus "sametime" program
that is not working properly requires some port to be open;
but I haven't been able to work out which port,
if that is indeed the cause of the problem.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net