[CentOS] How to remove Microsoft soft raid?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Thu Jul 21 11:30:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM, David McGuffey
<davidmcguffey at verizon.net> wrote:
> Have a quad core workstation that was running WinXP_64 that I want to
> blow away and install CentOS 6.  C6 install process finds raid metadata
> associated with sda and sdb, and then excludes them from the rest of the
> installation process.
>
> There doesn't appear to be an option for disassembling the raid as part
> of the install process.  I think there should be.
>
> Any tricks to removing/by-passing the soft raid left over from the
> previous OS?
>
> Dave M

Can you see the 2 HDD's in the console, when you run fdisk -l?

If so, then simply use fdisk to remove all the partitions, then use
the installer to partition and format them

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com