[CentOS] How to remove Microsoft soft raid?

Brian McKerr bmckerr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:31:51 UTC 2011

I usually boot from the installer CD and go to a virtual terminal (Alt-F1).
In the shell;

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk-i-want-to-destroy bs=512 count=1

I'd guess that the partition table has some microsoft funkiness in it that
needs to be wiped.

Take, care with this, it can and does eat data.......

Cheers.