[CentOS] HP Network Printer Issue - Resend

Sun Jul 17 12:35:55 UTC 2011
Eugene Poole <etpoole60 at comcast.net>

I sent the following message back in June, but I must have missed the reply:

    I'm attempting to install and configure HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and
    Printing) software on my CentOS 5.3 x86_64 system without success. I've
    got a HP Officejet Pro 8500 multi-function printer connected via
    ethernet.
    I'm getting a message saying that it cannot locate the libcups
    module in
    the /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib directories. However, I can locate then
    correct modules using the find command. I can print to this printer
    using
    multiple versions of Fedora and multiple versions of Windows.
    Does anyone have any suggestions why it is not working?

Has anyone seen an issue like this?  I'm continuing to run CentOS 5.3
because VMware Server 2.02 works well there. And I haven't found a
tutorial or 'How To' showing how to move to kernel based virtualization
(KVM) on the later versions of CentOS.

TIA
Gene