[CentOS] HP Network Printer Issue - Resend

Sun Jul 17 12:48:06 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 08:35:55AM -0400, Eugene Poole wrote:
> I sent the following message back in June, but I must have missed the reply:
>

>     I'm attempting to install and configure HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and
>     Printing) software on my CentOS 5.3 x86_64 system without success. I've
>     got a HP Officejet Pro 8500 multi-function printer connected via ethernet.
>     I'm getting a message saying that it cannot locate the libcups module in
>     the /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib directories. However, I can locate then
>     correct modules using the find command.

If I remember correctly, (but I may not) some of the older versions of
hplip rpms didn't work that well.  I would use the rpmforge version,
which I believe is a later version.  If you still have no luck, then I
would try installing it from source.  I have a page on doing that at
http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/hplip.html

--

Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Looks like a job for wiccan-girl. What do you say,
Will? Big time danger.
Willow: Hey, I eat danger for breakfast.
Xander: But, oddly enough, she panics in the face of breakfast
foods.