[CentOS] Bug in CentOS Autotools

Fri Jul 8 11:34:57 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 06:13:05AM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Thanks for trying this. Unfortunately, the error occurs after the
> configure script complains about not finding liblouis. I have liblouis
> compiled, of course, and I have adjusted the PKG_CONFIG_PATH Configure
> then tries to make the Makefile and produces the wrird error message. I
> think nobody will have the time to look into this, so i'll just move to
> another distro for C development.

Out of all your blather you can't, not even once, post a transcript of
the build process to those that already wasted time trying to assist
you?  Let me sum this up:

You: "Wah.  It's broken."
Us:  "How is it broken?  What do you see that makes you think that it is
      not working as it should be?"
You: "Wah.  It's broken, I tell you."
Us:  "Can you please be more specific." (Repeats a few times)
You: "Wah.  I won't bother helping you help me.  Wah.  I'm going
      elsewhere.  Wah.  Wah.  Wah."

Is that about right?  You waste the time of multiple people crying about
something you won't elaborate on being broken; you blame the distro; and
you cry and leave.

Here's a hint.  If a package doesn't contain a "centos" tag in the package
name it's not been modified; ie. it's the same as the upstream package.
As this is the case it is an almost guaranteed certainty that your build
environment between Redhat and CentOS isn't quite as identical as you
believe it to be.

I'm fairly certain this is going to turn out to be a meatware problem;
but since you refuse to post any details at all we'll never know.  That
and picking up your toys and going home, of course.

							John
--
It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable
to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.