[CentOS] [OT] would any of you recommend a ticketing system?

Tue Jul 19 13:33:54 UTC 2011
Oliver Schad <centos at automatic-server.com>

On Tuesday 19 July 2011 13:32:50 Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> Hi all, sorry for being OT but would any of you recommend a ticketing
> system? We'd like something pretty comprehensive to cover helpdesk and HR
> stuff as well as software bugs/requests. There seems to be a million
> variations out there.

OTRS and RT for support and HR. It's a pain to install and configure it
according to your needs but both work great.

For software I would recommend something like redmine (maybe mantis or trac)
which supports multiple projects/customers, has repository integration (CVS,
Subversion, GIT, ...) build in and has a very clean view (otrs and RT tends to
show too much).

There is no system which fits all requirements for every purpose.

Regards
Oli

--
Oliver Schad