[CentOS] [OT] would any of you recommend a ticketing system?

Tue Jul 19 14:22:31 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Hi all, sorry for being OT but would any of you recommend a ticketing system?
> We'd like something pretty comprehensive to cover helpdesk and HR stuff as
> well as software bugs/requests. There seems to be a million variations
> out there.

I use RT for sales and helpdesk (for web hosting clients) type stuff.
Works reasonably well. Somewhat non-trivial to set up, but work well
once set up.  Warning: it needs all sorts of 'extra' Perl modules,
mostly from RPMForge and somethings there are interesting package
conflicts... Depending on how things are set up, you'll want to
interpose a spam filter.

http://www.bestpractical.com/?rt=3.4.2

I use bugzilla for software bugs/requests.  RT would work here, but
bugzilla is probably more familar to programmers and is somewhat better
geared to bug reports.

yum --enablerepo=epel install bugzilla