[CentOS] Samba 3.5.4 net map group list doesn´t work

Tue Jul 19 14:17:52 UTC 2011
Josh Miller <joshua at itsecureadmin.com>

On 07/19/2011 06:55 AM, Francisco Arencibia Quesada wrote:
> Good morning to everybody, I´m using centos 5.6 with samba 3.5.4, I´m
> having troubles mapping groups in samba, I write net groupmap list,
> and It doesn´t show any groups, nothing,  This is driving me crazy,
> please if somebody can give me a hand with this, I will be thankful
> forever.!!!

Try running the command as root or with sudo, and with debug to a high
level:

 > sudo net -d 3 groupmap list

Do you get any additional troubleshooting information there?  (3 is a
good start and you can go to 10.)

You should see two groups by default:

 > net groupmap list
Administrators (S-1-5-32-544) -> BUILTIN\administrators
Users (S-1-5-32-545) -> BUILTIN\users

If that doesn't give you anything helpful, try running with strace for
more info:

 > sudo strace -o /tmp/ngm.strace net groupmap list

You can then analyze the output in /tmp/ngm.strace for additional clues.

--
Josh Miller
Open Source Solutions Architect