[CentOS] firewall?

Wed Jul 20 04:48:55 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 7/19/11 11:07 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:

> If we cannot find the exact application name for centos, say MATLAB
> for centos does not exist, so we must search for 'Mathematics
> laboratory for centos' ? Or if Pspice for centos does not exist so we
> must search for 'Electronics circuit schematics editor and simulator
> for centos' ? If there any reference site that we can select centos
> application with respect to their functionality deffinition but not
> just the application name?

Not very much software is Centos-specific, but anything that runs on Red Hat
Enterprise versions should work on the corresponding Centos version, including
the things in third party 'EL' rpm repositories and commercial products (like
Matlab...).

The biggest searchable, up to date collection of open source software project
descriptions is probably http://freshmeat.net, but once you locate an
interesting project you might want to see if you can find an RPM-packaged
version at EPEL, rpmforge, etc. for easy installation and updates instead of
trying to build from source yourself.

And you might like 'R' as an alternative to octave or matlab.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com