[CentOS] non PAE support

Wed Jul 27 17:33:16 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u6.u22.net>

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 10:15 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> you can build the kernel RPM on any other similar environment, and ....
> WHY ARE YOU/WE WASTING Y/OUR TIME ON A 6  YR OLD LAPTOP???   Get over
> it.  Either run what works on it, or get suitable hardware to run what
> you need.

Merely because something, or indeed someone, is old but still capable of
functioning should not mean it, or they, are discarded.

Last night I was watering the rear garden with attachments brought (I
recorded the date and price underneath) 22 years ago AND those spraying
attachments worked perfect. The 26" 66cm television is my bedroom is 14
years old. A six year old laptop, which works, is an interesting
candidate for exploring Centos and EVERYONE should be encouraged not to
throw away functioning items simply because they are 'old'.

When a Centos user wants to explore the richness of the many facilities
in Centos on an "old" laptop it shows the person has an enquiring mind.
Such people should be encouraged not ridiculed.

:-)

--
With best regards,

Paul.