[CentOS] non PAE support

Wed Jul 27 17:40:37 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 7/27/2011 12:23 PM, Marc Deop wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 July 2011 10:15:25 John R Pierce wrote:
>> WHY ARE YOU/WE WASTING Y/OUR TIME ON A 6  YR OLD LAPTOP???
>
> Dude, take it easy. Calm down.
>
> I did not spend more than one 1minute on it. I downloaded the Red Hat Beta 6 and tried to install it on the laptop. At the moment I
> saw there was no PAE support... I stopped trying.
>
> Then came this thread and was just wondering if it could be done. Just for the *fun* of it.

There is actually a reasonably-legitimate reason to want such a kernel,
perhaps even an i386 version, which is the ability to boot thin clients
with LTSP.  It can, of course boot a different kernel than the server
runs, but it needs to be something maintainable (i.e. already being
maintained...) and kept in sync with the rest of the system.

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/EL6Status

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com