[CentOS] non PAE support

Wed Jul 27 19:48:28 UTC 2011
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> you can build the kernel RPM on any other similar environment, and ....
> WHY ARE YOU/WE WASTING Y/OUR TIME ON A 6  YR OLD LAPTOP???   Get over
> it.  Either run what works on it, or get suitable hardware to run what
> you need.

He's not the only one interested in a non-PAE kernel for Pentium a M
laptop -- so this thread is definitely not a "waste of time" for me --
though I'll probably stick with CentOS 5.x on the laptop. And I,
personally, don't have a computer that's *less* than six years old.
But they still work fine for me -- the desktop (GX270 from 2004)
*does* support PAE, so I have the option to go to CentOS 6.x on it.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6