[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Jun 15 22:56:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 05:46:20PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I've seen vmware disk emulation -> LVM -> partitions run very, very
> slowly.  Didn't diagnose it beyond thinking "if it hurts, don't do it",
> though.  And I don't remember if it was a sparse disk or not, but it
> probably was.  Could have been an issue in the way the growing drive
> space is allocated on the physical side.

Trainwreck and should not be done in production environments; if this is
indeed the cause of "1-hour" installs alternatives should be found as
that is simply too pathetic for mere words.

							John

--
My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.

-- Errol Flynn (1909-1959), Australian-born actor