[CentOS] OpenOffice 3.3.0 crashing on CentOS 5.5

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:29:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:
> Wade Hampton wrote:
>> This is seems to be from openoffice.org-ure-1.7.0-9567:
>>   /opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.0.so.3
>>
>>> Ljubomir
>
> I think I know what is going on. Please check if the old version
> openoffice.org-ure-3.1.1-19.5.el5_5.6.i386.rpm is "also" installed via
> yum since older version is marked for example 3.1.1 in CentOS/RHEL
> repository but effectively newer is marked as 1.7.0 in downloaded rpm's.
>
> I created yum based repository with virtual rpm files that pull all
> needed files, and I had to uninstall full OOO so I can remove
> openoffice.org-ure-3.1.1 rpm.

On this and several other co-worker's computers, I had
to remove ALL older OOO files to get it to install.  The
version is the one from the 3.3 tarball:
 000330_m20_native_packed-1_en-use.9567
   openoffice.org-ure-1.7.0-9567.i586.rpm

> If that is not it, consider sending me your example hat crashes via
> direct e-mail so I can test on my own OOO 3.3

Not sure if I can (corporate computer).  I just created
a sample spreadsheet with text and numbers and kept
typing in text and numbers.  Nothing fancy.  It crashes
after a short time.

I have several extensions.  Could that be the problem:
  arrows 3D and some Clipart
  English spelling and hyphenation
  French and Spanish dictionary
  OOOP accessories