[CentOS] hard disk install failure

Mon Jun 6 23:58:20 UTC 2011
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Don Krause wrote:

>> I tried (several times) installing CentOS-5.6 from a hard disk,
>> and each time it failed after installing all the rpms,
>> with the warning "The installation has tried to mount image #2,
>> but cannot find it on the hard drive."

> Strange, I install it from the DVD.iso to VMWare images a couple times a
> month, haven't seen that issue.
>
> Once a new release gets approved for production, I copy the contents of
> the DVD.iso to our PXE Boot server, and install production machines from
> there.
>
> (FWIW, I have not installed in onto real hardware, from a real DVD, in a
> couple years now..)
>
> Are you sure your DVD matches the checksums?

Yes:
	md5sum -c md5sum.txt.asc
	CentOS-5.6-x86_64-bin-DVD-1of2.iso: OK

As I said, I installed CentOS-5.6 by http without problem.
I've also installed it by netinstall and on a USB stick.
But I haven't been able to install it from the hard disk, as I said.
I'm pretty sure it is a bug in the installer program.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net