[CentOS] hard disk install failure

Tue Jun 7 15:59:52 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 6/7/2011 10:18 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> The machine is running CentOS-5.6 .
> The modem is running fine, but my speed has not been improved threefold,
> as promised.
> In fact the speed is identical to the previous modem, as far as I can tell.

Do you know what kind of change this was supposed to be?  If you are
running DSL with PPOE it might have been a registry tweak for windows to
reduce the MTU.  On Centos you can just put MTU= in your ifcfg-eth? file
with the value you want (I've seen 1492 suggested for this).  If it is a
cablemodem it doesn't make much sense to need to do anything under windows.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com