[CentOS] Revisor

Wed Jun 8 13:05:39 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 08:55:25AM -0400, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:

> Now: Please stop fretting about it, posting about it, or adding to
> list-clutter with it.

If people top-post they will be called out on it.  If you don't like it,
well, tough.  The CentOS lists have guidelines; if you don't like the
guidelines you are free to petition to have them changed.

> 1: posting about top-posting (really)

See comment above.

> 3: (note the order of the 5 things here) posts in HTML, posts mangled by
> tool-chains and posts difficult to read because of limited English
> abilities.

Amusingly...

HTML email is also not permissible.

If tool-chains mangle email, fix them; seems pretty straight-forward to me
considering that email isn't rocket science.

And I don't recall any recent incidents of comments against native
English speakers.

> I strive (happily) to understand foreign language posters.

I'm so happy for you.  Especially if you consider that this isn't the
issue at hand.

							John

--
<nog> Did you hear that Tiger Woods wife used a 9 iron to beat the car in?
<nog> Guess she wasnt fond of the Driver