[CentOS] OT: high static in server room

Wed Jun 15 18:19:22 UTC 2011
Dan Carl <danc at bluestarshows.com>

On 6/14/2011 7:04 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Thanks all for the reply.
> What is the worst thing can happen from excessive static?
> We have two corrupted UEFI when we reboot servers which now I suspect
> because of static.
> Yesterday I actually saw a spark when I put a memory module on
> motherboard even though I was careful like touching the metal casing
> first. That just blow my mind and made me ask you in this list
I have an antistatic mat on the floor in front of my server rack similar
to this.
http://www.uline.com/BL_1755/Anti-Static-Mats
Simple, does the job, and it also  feels good on the feets!

If you spend a lot of time in your server room, you might also consider
a fish tank.
It will add moisture to your room and give you something to look at
other than flashing leds:-)

Sorry for that but this list really needs to lighten up.