[CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?

Sun Jun 26 08:30:42 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net> wrote:

> > It's hard to say. They've been in the cupboard for along time and I don't
> > know which tech did what on them, which is why I'm trying to see which
> file
> > systems were on them last, so that I can see what data is on them.
>
> What about using a spare low spec machine with removable
> EIDE and SATA drive caddies? This would come in handy for
> times like these, or if you needed to wipe a drive
> completely befroe disposal?
>
> HTH
>
> Keith Roberts

Keith, don't take this the wrong way, but you're going off the beaten track
here.

Whether the drives are attached to a motherboard, or USB disk caddy doesn't
change the file systems on them

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers