[CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?

Sun Jun 26 08:41:09 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?
>
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net> wrote:
>

>>> It's hard to say. They've been in the cupboard for along
>>> time and I don't know which tech did what on them, which
>>> is why I'm trying to see which
>> file
>>> systems were on them last, so that I can see what data is on them.
>>
>> What about using a spare low spec machine with removable
>> EIDE and SATA drive caddies? This would come in handy for
>> times like these, or if you needed to wipe a drive
>> completely befroe disposal?
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Keith Roberts

> Keith, don't take this the wrong way, but you're going off
> the beaten track here.
>
> Whether the drives are attached to a motherboard, or USB
> disk caddy doesn't change the file systems on them

Absolutely. You did say they have been in a cupboard for
some time, and using a spare machine with removable EIDE or
SATA drive caddies would allow you to swap the EIDE or SATA
drives quickly into the caddies for doing whatever you want
to them, without having to fiddle about and install the
drive permanently.

But as the job is almost done, I guess that's not important
now?

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: